Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rainwater Sucks

Actually, no...rainwater doesn't suck. But this past weekend, I sucked rainwater.

One of my two new rainbarrels was already 1/3 of the way full after steady showers on Saturday. Problem was, when I opened the hose line that extends out from the bottom, nothing happened.

"Oh," I suddenly realized with all the intelligence Paris Hilton could muster on a good day, "that's why you're supposed to put rain barrels up on cinder blocks."

So, I did the ol' siphoning trick. It worked, but yuck. Everybody keeps saying rainwater that comes off your roof, travels down the gutter and flows into your barrel is still cleaner than tap water, but I wonder.

If I start growing a third arm, would somebody please take me to the hospital and relate this little tale...? Thanks.

No comments: