Friday, March 17, 2006

Welcome Back

For one reason or another, I've been surprised at a few of the plants that have sprung back to life now that temperatures are warming around here a bit. Some plants are popping leaves out at a breakneck pace, while others are sprouting a bit more cautiously.

The latter is probably a wiser approach. We've been known to have one final, cruel freeze during the last two weeks of March in past years; the forecast is hinting at such for next Monday night. We'll see. At the moment, the only thing that would probably bite it is a squash plant that's in a big container by the pool.

Shredded Umbrella Plant


Remember when I reported this Cordyline as dead back in December? Well, lo and be-frigging-hold...


Hosta 'Stained Glass'


Several of the cannas are showing themselves already.


I built this walkway along the back of the Front Yard Garden in about 30 minutes. Turned out pretty well, I think, for being just stone and mulch.


Speaking of the FYG, well...it looks pretty crappy at the moment. I'll show another photo in June and I bet y'all will be amazed. (Notice that I left being "amazed" open to interpretation...)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your garden looks great. I can't believe you put in that walkway in 30 minutes, its gorgeous! Happy gardening. Elizabeth