Monday, August 13, 2007

Jungle Fever

Yeah, I'm in Texas.

For awhile there, I was in doubt. Now...no. It's been 100° for a week, and we've got at least another week more to go.

That's all right, though. Everybody was expecting the heat to come. Sure as Karl Rove's resignation, we knew it would happen eventually.

Ok, here's a picture that begs a question similar to "do these pants make my butt look big?"

I'm wondering: does my backyard look jungle-y? I think it kind of does. (Although it's still not as obnoxious as it was a couple of years ago.)



The crossvine has gone crazy. The coleus are out of control. And I went a little nuts when I saw Home Depot finally got their Plumerias in.

Again, I'm pretty much fine with it. The drought is officially over in North Texas and I seriously doubt we will experience this kind of lush growth again for awhile. So, jungle-looking backyard? C'mon down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Texas summer weather is here at last. I'm sort of enjoying this hot and dry. The plants have had plenty of water this year so I think they can handle it. And I'm finally getting that musty, moldy smell out of the house (it's on pier and beam and the smell rises from the damp dirt underneath.)

Go, jungle!

Unknown said...

I was worried for a second... I thought you were wondering if your garden looked jungle-y like that was a bad thing. Whatever it is, jungle-y or otherwise, it's definitely beautiful!

Someday I hope to learn how to use coleus that artfully in a bed--I seem to only be able to use it nicely in containers for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great!