Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kinda Like Louisiana

Well, Ike is headed this way this weekend, probably in the form of a Tropical Storm. My particular area is expected to get 2-4" of rain and some pretty good sustained winds, but nothing terribly major, although the soil is already a little swampy from recent rains. Areas to the east and south of us could see some bad stuff, however.

The National Weather Service is warning people to prepare by filling up gas tanks, checking generators and stocking up on water in case widespread power outtages occur...even to the point where sewage pump stations lose power. I guess I never realized that having two 75 gallon rain barrels full of water could help us in that department. Hopefully it won't come to that. The older I get, the less I am into "roughing it", if you know what I mean.

I received my Louisiana Iris order from Iris City Gardens today. Once again, they sent big, fat, healthy-looking fans and a couple of extra freebies. My experiences with them have been nothing short of stellar. And, well, you've all seen the results of my previous purchases from them.

Here's what I got this time...and here's hoping I get these guys in the ground before Ike arrives so they can get a really good soaking...













1 comment:

John said...

Those Iris flowers are beautiful. I definately have to try and grow some...Love your pictures..Will visit again..