Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Great Timing...Sort Of

Ok, so...I got laid off from my job. Mixed feelings abound. But at least they let me go during the busiest part of the gardening season.

Truthfully, the time off has been glorious so far. I hope to really re-organize this site, but in the meantime, here are some more great pictures of what's happening around the yard.


This is Syringa 'Sensation'. I've been waiting two years for this gorgeous lilac to bloom...and it's been worth it. I wish you could smell it. Beyond divine.


Colorful Poppies


The Crossvine that I bought at last year's Texas SuperStar Plant Sale. It didn't bloom hardly at all last summer, but is covered with flowers now.


Tiarella 'Sugar and Spice'


Part of my shade garden, with various heucheras, toad lily and shredded umbrella plant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'Sensation' lilac is my absolute favorite, it so gorgeous. We won't see it here in Chicago until May or June.

You have so many beautiful things growing. I'm envious !

lisa said...

Wow...that stuff looks great! I really love that crossvine...I think they're mostly annual for me way up here, but I'm trying to grow one from seed anyway. I bet you get a lot of hummingbirds around that vine!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, your garden is really thriving.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Just happily discovered your blog and lovely photos. I was laid off from a job a couple of years ago. It was confidence-shaking and painful at first, but ended up being a great thing because I re-thought my whole existence. You're probably feeling better by now since gardening is a great therapy.