Monday, August 01, 2005

Photo Update

Passiflora Blue Horizon

Ok, I can take credit for the passionflower in this photo. Looks like an alien being, doesn't it? The vine is loaded with buds, but they seem to only want to bloom one at a time.



Juliet Tomatoes

My first harvest of tomatoes - an Italian variety grown from Johnny Seeds called "Juliet" - continues to grow. These should make nice sauce or salsa...or both! The plant is massive.


Eggplant
Also grown from seed (seedsofchange.com), this is a Rosa Bianca Eggplant bustin' loose. There are four of these forming on the 2' tall plant.

2 comments:

kerry said...

This year I am dehydrating some of my paste tomatoes. They are turning out great.

I had grown San Marzanos for several years but the blight in the soils here pretty much insures I have to grow hybrids or spray and I opted for the former.

Tamara said...

Ooo, dried tomatoes! Do you have to have a special appliance to dry them out?

I am impressed with the Juliets so far. We have a terrible problem with tomatoes cracking here in Texas, as the moisture level is so sporadic and the heat is so intense, but these are doing great.